Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sleep Deprived

My son and I really need to have a chat about our sleep schedules! Those of you who know me, know I am NOT a morning person! In my opinion, the day should begin at around 10:15am, just early enough to get breakfast at McDonalds. I could easily stay awake half the night. As a matter of fact, it's hard for me to go to bed early. Well, except for when I was pregnant with Lacey. I was so exhausted, plus trying to do everything by the book, that I went to bed at 9pm without a fuss. By the time Lawson came along, I was so exhausted, yet so busy that my evening was just beginning at 9pm! Now I'm usually heading to bed by around 12:45 after my final pumping session of the evening. (Yes, I have given up pumping during the night!) The problem is that Lawson wakes up to eat at around 3am ready to party! His 'long span' of sleep between feedings is from about 6pm until around 11pm , so he's just not ready to go back to sleep when he's supposed to be sleeping. (He's an evening sleeper like Daddy! lol) When he's finished his 3am bottle, we hang out and play for about an hour. He finally goes back to sleep until around 6am, when he's ready to wake up to eat and start his day. OMG! Starting my day at 6am after a night like that!? I'm going to die of sleep deprivation!

1 comment: