Friday, June 5, 2009

Germaphobes

We've been home with Lawson exactly one week today and I really can't think of one reason to complain, except maybe that we’ve become huge germaphobes! He's eating like a champ, growing like a weed, smiling like crazy, and sleeping like a log!! We're all getting plenty of sleep and eating well, including Lawson. He stays awake about 3 hours throughout the day and he goes right back to sleep at night after his feedings. He's also averaging between 75 and 80mls each feeding!
You know you've been stuck in the house for a while, when you're sitting at the dinner table and your 3 year old daughter says, "Mommy! Why are you still wearing your pajamas?! And the next morning after my shower, she says, "Why did you dress up like that?!" I was wearing jeans and a black shirt. LOL! I guess she got used to seeing me in my pajamas. Nevertheless we’re not really feeling any cabin fever just yet. Although Lawson is not allowed to ‘go public’ quite yet, Brian took him and Lacey for a walk around the block for some fresh air and they all loved it! Brian gets to the gym every once in a while. Lacey and I have been to Target a few times to pick up bottles and such as we try to find just the right one. She and I even made it to a birthday party today! I’ll have to admit, I was a wreck the whole time worrying about her picking up germs. I couldn’t help carefully inspecting each little nose for the slightest little ‘run’ and I think I made her wash her hands 100 times! We're still keeping up with the pumping, freezing, thawing, mixing, feeding, washing procedure. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if I’ll be able to accomplish much else each day when mom leaves and Brian goes back to work! As I mentioned in a recent post, Brian has really stepped up to the plate. Not that he wasn’t helpful when Lacey was born, this is just much more than I expected. I’m talkin’ cooking, cleaning, mixing up and washing bottles, feeding and entertaining Lawson, putting Lacey to bed, running errands, and so many more things. Let’s just say, I REALLY like the ‘new’ Brian! :) Although he does take germaphobe to a whole new level! lol

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS baby!!!! Nearly as gorgeous family!!!! Be germaphobes as long as you can stand it...you are so very blessed...as are all of us who love you!

    elaine cansler...brassfield

    (now to try to decipher that damned security word! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a happy baby! I love the pic of Lacey and Brian! You are so blessed to have a beautiful family that is now healthy! May God continue to Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete