Thursday, June 18, 2009

Saying Goodbye

My mom has been here since March 18 helping me through the wild roller coaster that has been our lives for the past 3 months. At times we were terrified for Lawson's life, other times overjoyed with his progress. There is no way I could have been as strong as I've been without her. It's hard for me to understand the selflessness she has shown to dedicate that much time to our lives, but I am forever grateful!

They left around 10am, so I got my first taste of what it will be like to have Lacey and Lawson home with me. After I got over crying when they left, I think we did pretty well. The hardest thing is figuring out the timing of pumping and feeding. Lawson ate right on schedule and napped beautifully. One thing that's rather funny, we have an awesome pack-n-play that converts into a bassinet with a changing table. We've been told it's the 'Cadillac' of convertible bassinets. We used it with Lacey and from what I remember she slept in there pretty well. Lawson, however, hates it! The only place he will sleep is in the sleep positioner on the couch or chair in our family room. And he LOVES to sleep in the Boppy pillow. (Yes, I know it says not to let your baby sleep in them, but when he's sleeping in his Boppy, I'm sitting right next to him.) It actually works out pretty well, since I'm usually sitting on the couch pumping anyway! So it was a pretty good day overall. We'll see if I can keep up with them!

1 comment:

  1. Mitzi I know you hated to see your MOm leave, but I am sure you will do fine..I bet she hated to leave too...Lawson has made a wonderful comback and I feel sure that he will be ok now..Keep up the good work and always remember, He is truly your Miracle Baby....Love, The Kiser's from Honaker

    ReplyDelete