Sunday, June 14, 2009

Swim Lessons

Today Lacey got her first swim lesson of the season. She was so excited she could hardly wait! Since my mom's still here, she kept Lawson at home while Brian and I watched Lacey. She took a few lessons last year and by the end of the season, she would go underwater near the steps, but I would definitely say that she cannot swim. Her lesson today was basically a review of the skills she learned last year. She will put her face in the water and likes to jump off the side if someone catches her, but she's still working on keeping her legs behind her and straight when she kicks. She loves the pool and I'm sure she's going to get really good at it. Brian thinks I should bring her to the pool every day to practice. I think he's got a LOT more confidence in me than I do! :) I'm not sure if I'm talented enough to watch Lacey in the pool and Lawson in the stroller and keep both of them safe. Maybe in a few weeks when Lawson is ready, some of my stay home mom friends or traditional school teachers on summer break can tag team with me at the pool. Any takers?



2 comments:

  1. Lacey looks like she's having a blast! I will def. take you up on that offer when I'm tracked out! Count me in! Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me anytime! I would love to come play with Lacey or watch Lawson so that you can enjoy some summer time fun.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete