Wednesday, March 25, 2009

16 hours

We got the call at 4:30am. Lawson had 16 hours off the ventilator! By 4:30, they decided that he was breathing too heavy and he was wearing himself out, so they reintubated him (put the breathing tube back in.) We had prepared ourselves for the call, so it didn't bother us too much.

Brian and I woke up early today and took Lacey to daycare so grandma could take some time to rest and recuperate. Brian dropped me off at the hospital and went to work. I spent some time with Lawson and got an amazing video! He was awake and aware and looking all around! I'm trying to figure out how to post it on here . . . It was seriously awesome!

It was also a GREAT day because my best friend, Danielle, got into town! She met me at the hospital and we had lunch in the hospital cafeteria. We were planning to spend a little more time at the hospital, but I began to feel a little sick, so I wanted to get out of there in case I was contagious. We're planning to play it by ear tomorrow. If I'm still not well, there's no way I'm going to the hosptial! I don't want to spread germs! I love that baby waaay to much to possibly get him sick!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mitzi(it's Lisa Chandler)-Kudos to you for keeping such a strong, positive outlook through this all-it's got to be rough to say the least. I'm watching the progress and rooting for the little guy. He's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Mitzi his eyes,forehead,those little fingers,everything is beautiful. My favorite pic is wide awake. Hope your feeling better. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to tell Hotty to feel better. Tell Lawson an Lacey Clay an I love them. More wide awake pics please. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mitzi, great to see that he's improving, and looking wide awake! Hope you start to feel better soon and can go back to the hospital to visit again!

    As for posting the video on here, if you uploaded it to www.YouTube.com, that would give you the embedding code to copy and paste into your blog post. Hope that helps!

    Best of Luck,

    Angela :)

    (P.S. I found your blog from the post Sarah made on her Rhinestones & Telephones Blog)

    ReplyDelete