Saturday, March 28, 2009

Quick Update

I'll start by apologizing to all the worriers who get nervous when I don't blog. I truly didn't have the energy to get off the couch yesterday! Actually I felt worse yesterday than the day before! Plus I had a fever of 102.4. Ugh! So I haven't been to see my little fighter since Wednesday! :(

According to our last phone conversation, here's the latest Lawson report . . . He is doing well on the jet ventilator, but his lungs still need more time to heal, so he'll be on it for a while. He has had a replogle tube in his stomach to drain some of the icky stuff still in his stomach. He has been making more bowel movements and apparently his stomach is now healthy enough to remove the replogle tube. Yippee! This means we're one step closer to starting him on breastmilk through the feeding tube! :) Other than that they keep telling us that the best medicine is time.

We're getting ready to leave for the hospital and a good friend is taking Lacey to one of her classmates' birthday party. If there's anymore news to report when we return, I'll blog again . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mitzi and family, I just watched the video of your little jewel and he looking like he was reaching out to you! You are all in my prayers, and thanks for the updates!

    --Kate Eatmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitzi and Brian...HANG in there! Mitzi...you KNOW as a mom and as a teacher that kids take two steps forward---three steps back as a matter of course. Lawson's challenge is starting earlier than expected. Because of this, he is learning earlier than most how to stay the course and fight for what he wants. Elaine, Brassfield

    ReplyDelete