Saturday, April 18, 2009

Early bird gets the wide awake Lawson!

We got an early start today, since we had a playdate for Lacey/parents' cook out planned this evening with a few of our friends. We tried to get in the 'whole family visit' early in the day so Lacey could have enough time for a nap, which is a necessity for playdates! As it turns out, that's when Lawson is the most awake. He was awake, alert, and happy the WHOLE time we were there! That never happens! My mom swears he was smiling at her! :) It was absolutely wonderful! When it was time to leave, he was still awake, so it was REALLY hard for me to say goodbye. I will definitely try to get to the hospital earlier from now on! There's really no other news to report. We're continuing the waiting game with the right mainstem intubation and steroid treatment. There was no change in the x-ray, but at least that means it's not getting worse.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I would like to take this opportunity to say how grateful we are to her for everything she has done to help us keep our sanity through this unbelievably trying time. Truly if it weren't for having my mom here, I would have 'lost it' a long time ago! She has kept my house clean, dishes clean, pump parts clean and sanitized, cleaned things I would have never thought of cleaning. She has done every load of laundry that's been dirty since we came home from the hospital and caused me to forget the last time I wore something because it's always clean! She's kept Lacey while we've gone to the hospital, put Lacey to bed, gotten Lacey ready for daycare, taken Lacey to the park in our neighborhood, and any other 'Lacey job' you could imagine. She has been my shoulder to cry on, ear to talk to, and rock to lean on. She has been the voice of reason when Brian and I are stressed and a mediator when we get snippy with each other. We honestly would not be where we are right now without her! She's not much for being the center of attention, so she'll probably be mad at me for sharing but everyone should be showered with love on their birthday! So . . .

Y HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! Y
Mitzi, Brian, Lacey & Lawson

5 comments:

  1. Lawson, We know you and God have a thing going on with your grandmother, such things like smiling at her and holding her finger last week. Grandmother knows that in her heart the sun is going to rise and set with you sweet fellow. I know because of how I spent this Saturday with my 11 year old grandson. I had a wonderful day with him, hanging out at the mall as he did boy things. With 8 granddaughters this was a refreshing change! Keep pouring on the charm to Grandmther! She loves it! :)Today being her day you will again do something special just for her because you are a special kid. So, Lawson, on your behalf I'm going to wish Grandmother A Big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! and a BIG, BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO! Have a glorious day with your miraculous grandson and your wonderful family.
    From a grandmother,
    Love,
    Jackie "Spot"
    (Scott) Again Grandmother:
    "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!"
    -and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawson your 'MaMa' really rocks!! I know ur made her Bday with that smile! I love to see those Big beautiful eyes of yours!! Happy Birthday Mitzi's Mom, U R wonderful!!
    :)
    lauri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Carolyn Happy Birthday! I know being with you guys is helping her to deal with this also. Enjoy every minute of everyday that you have her with you. Life is so short. May god bless you all. Lots of Love and Birthday wishes, Amanda, Krista, Savannah, and Raine. P.s. Tell her next time Lacey is up here let me know her and Raine can play together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitzi thank heavens for moms and dads

    When our son was sick and in the hospital, our family was there for us as well. There is NOTHING like the love of a family. My mother and father-in law are here visiting now and we were remembering some powerful things that happened when our son was sick. Spending that time together brought us closer than i could have ever imagined. And how they love our boy...He too had everything that could happen to him happen at once. We followed docter's on their rounds and had many meetings. Our son was on the highest doses of medication that a human could be on. He was 6mos old...He is 11 years old now. Have Hope. If you need to talk to a mom who has been there, just call. Happy Birthday to your MOM!!

    Smiles,,,Karen Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moms are so amazing. Becoming one has made me appreciate mine more than I ever had before!

    ReplyDelete