Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

There's not really a lot of news to share about Lawson. Since the last blog post, we have continued the waiting game. Dr. Tanaka told us that we'll be able to tell if the plan is working if the x-rays show improvement. Unfortunately, the x-rays have not shown improvement, but they have not gotten worse. Since the original plan was to look at things again on Monday, that's where we are right now.

We had an awesome week with my nephew, Christian. He was on Spring Break from school, so he spent the week with us after they came down to visit last weekend. It really was great to have an energetic and helpful eleven-year-old around to run up and down our very steep staircase for errands and entertain Lacey! My sister and her husband came back down from Alexandria this weekend to pick him up. We knew they would have to leave early Sunday, so we called the Easter Bunny and asked him to bring their Easter baskets on Saturday. Luckily he agreed. ;) The kids had a great time hunting for eggs and playing with the things in their baskets on Saturday and Brian and I went to the hospital late, so we could enjoy the day with them.

We all got up early this morning and went to Bob Evans for breakfast before my sister and her family left. Then Brian, my mom, Lacey, and I went to the hospital. The nurses had made Lawson the cutest diaper for his memory book. It had a little cottonball glued on to the back so it looked like a bunny tail! :) Sooooo cute! And Lacey was such a good girl today! On the days that we all go to the hospital the poor thing doesn't get a nap. Plus she still can't go back to visit with Lawson, so we all take turns sitting with her in the waiting room. She loves to draw pictures for Lawson while we wait. The nurses have created an 'Art by Lacey' wall next to Lawson's bed. It's just precious!

So we'll wait until tomorrow for more news . . .

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you too:) We thought about you a lot this weekend and are still praying for baby Lawson. I miss seeing you around school, but I know you're where you're needed most right now:) Take care & wish Lacey a Happy Easter from Lenny & me.
    Love, Lenny & Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian,

    My thoughts and prayers are with you through this journey for you and your family. I just heard this morning and this blog is very heart wrenching. I know you are doing everything possible for this little guy and a lot of people are pulling for you. Take care and if there is anything I can do, I hope you let me know. Happy Easter....

    Sincerely,

    Chris Gubera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitzi,
    I am praying for your precious little one. God is able to heal Lawson and make him completely whole.

    Gary Hess
    Principal
    Honaker Elementary School
    ghess@russell.k12.va.us

    ReplyDelete