Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finally a plan

I got up this morning and planned to drop Lacey off at daycare and then run a few errands that I've been meaning to handle. As I was halfway across town, I realized I'd left my cell phone at home. By the time I got home, it was 12:15. My mom asked if Brian had gotten in touch with me yet. Lawson's doctors wanted us to meet them at the hospital at 12:30 to discuss the 'plan'. Of course, Brian attended the meeting without me since I hadn't had my phone to get the message about the meeting. The CT scan showed that the 'mass' in Lawson's lung is NOT a CCAM tumor. It seems to be an area of blebs (similar to blisters but filled with air instead of fluid). The left lung is so expaned by these blebs that it is compressing the right lung and the heart. Lawson's team of doctors have decided to try using a combination of steroids and 100% oxygen to help push out the bad air for 24 - 48 hours. We will know by tomorrow evening whether or not the plan is working.

5 comments:

  1. He almost looks like a fighter pilot in that get up, doesn't he? :-) I was so glad to hear the mass is not a tumor, and that there is a plan. You know he is in the best hospital in the country, he is in the best hands there. And ultimately, you are all in the best hands, too. I read your blog every day and keep you in my heart. You WILL come through this.

    Much love,
    Kate Eatmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been thinking of you. Lawson has been in our plans and will continue to be. Your little man is a true fighter. So glad to here the mass is not a tumor. Much love, Heather and Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Fighter Pilot" Lawson,usually "kids" have to wait until late high school before teachers start steering them towards their career. You have taken on so many "moms" and teachers, they are going to be in competition busy with suggestions for your career. Look! They've already started! :)
    Keep up the fight... "little fighter pilot".
    We love you!
    -you too, Mom, Dad and sister

    Jackie "Spot"

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitzi, thanks so much for keeping us informed about Lawson , we are still praying for all of you tell Carolyn we said hi. I call Nadyne and Rush every nite and read the blog about Lawson to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Mitzi....a Mom story here...

    When my soon-to-be 30 year old son was two years old, he had surgery to correct inherited hernias on either side of his pelvic region.

    First, they gave him the protocol sedation drug to get him calmed down before administering anesthesia in order to operate. Result? His MOM (ME) had to walk the halls with this boy to keep him from bouncing off the walls...sedated my ass!

    Then, after surgery they wouldn't let me go into the recovery room (inspite of the fact that I KNEW this boy!). Result? He groggily began to awaken, didn't see his Mommy, freaked as only a two year old can, and burst the stitches.

    Dr. So and So...CODE whatever...Dr. So and So...CODE whatever...

    After taking him back in to repair the damage he had self-inflicted, they realized that THIS child needed to have his Mommy there as he emerged from anesthesia.

    Hang in there, Mitzi. The professionals are doing everything they know how to do. Do NOT let this stop you from questioning or reacting as ONLY a Mommy can!

    Love and Prayers and Love and Prayer,
    elaine cansler

    ReplyDelete