Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pretty nice day

Soooooo . . . we got a chance to chat with Dr. Goldberg and look at Lawson's most recent chest x-ray today. There's not a whole lot of change in the x-ray, but enough that Dr. Goldberg was pleased, which makes me pleased too! They have also been able to come down a little on the ventilator settings and increase his feedings. Being able to have the breastmilk has helped him gain a few ounces, since he lost down to about 4 lbs 5 ounces. The overall news today was fairly positive. He's slowly making progress . . . baby steps. Plus he was awake for quite a while, long enough for his 'photo shoot'. :) And Cheri, his Primary Nurse, who always makes us smile, was there today. This was just the day we've been needing!

It was also a nice evening for me. At my last Junior League meeting (the day before my OB appointment when all this began), I WON two tickets to a special event called Toast to the Tour. It's the kick-off event for the Showcase of Kitchens happening this weekend in Raleigh and Cary. http://www.jlraleigh.org/kitchentour.shtml I figured I'd be giving the tickets away, because I thought I would either be very, very pregnant or at home with a newborn. Since Lawson has been pretty stable and I was ready for some 'normal', I decided to go. My very good friend, Kelly and I went for a little while and enjoyed some girl time, free food and drinks, and great music. Of course we had to leave early because I was exhausted and had to pump! lol Baby steps for me too. :)

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a great day! i'm so glad lawson is doing well. even baby steps are good steps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitzi and Brian,

    WHEN was Lawson actually due to enter our understanding of the world?

    What an extraordinary start he has made!!! GOD clearly knows how especially loving and strong you and Brian are. It is clear to all of us who love you and Lawson that you also realize how lovely a treasure Lacy is.

    Accept the love and challenge our Good Lord has honored only to YOUR family!!!!
    elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. MITZI....SOUNDS LIKE THINGS ARE LOOKING UP...JUST KEEP PRAYING AND TRUSTING GOD AND I FEEL SURE THAT BEFORE TOO LONG, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HOLD LITTLE LAWSON IN YOUR ARMS AND HUG HIM UP REAL TIGHT...GOD IS STILL IN CHARGE!!...TELL YOUR MOM HI FOR ME.....LOVE TO ALL.....SUE KISER....HONAKER.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitzi and Brian,
    What a beautiful photo! He looks very calm and peaceful. His eyes seem to be saying, "I'm okay, I'm on a roll... on this road to good health. Mom, go out and relax a bit."
    I hope you did unwind a bit! I was over at Duke visiting a church member, on the7th floor, (my husband is her deacon), yesterday and I could not be that close to Lawson's "neighborhood" and not try to visit with you and him. I left you a note. I considered faking, being a grandparent after you weren't there but I wanted to teach Lawson one of his first lessons in honesty, so I didn't. :)
    God provided a good day, with the promise of many, many more! Read your blog; So glad you could use your winnings. Praises to Him with continual Prayers! Give Miss Lacey a BIG hug!
    Love... Mrs. Jackie "Spot"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitzi,
    It was so nice spending some girl time with you yesterday:) I'm so happy to hear about the positive news and will keep my fingers crossed for more of it!! Hang in there and wish your mom a happy b-day:)

    Kelly & Lenny

    ReplyDelete