Saturday, May 30, 2009

Homecoming!

I would love to share every detail of our amazing last few days, but that will have to wait! As I sit here on my very own couch, pumping, I'm eagerly waiting for my next turn to snuggle with our amazing little miracle, Lawson. Yes friends, that's right . . . Lawson is home! We were surpised by that news when we arrived to spend the evening with Lawson in the Care By Parent Room yesterday! We had no idea until then. I think they wanted to make sure everything was certain before they told us.

As much as I would LOVE to invite everyone over to love on our little man and of course to show him off, we have to set some ground rules per doctor's orders. We have just spent 11 weeks in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with a VERY sick boy and do NOT want to go back. A simple cold may be annoying for us grown ups, but it could send Lawson straight back to the place we've been waiting so long to leave. Remember Lawson has only 1 and 1/2 lungs. He is also still 'working' at eating and using lots of calories to do so. So he needs all the rest he can get to continue growing. Please know we will have the biggest, happiest party to thank all of Lawson's 'fans' as soon as we feel he's healthy enough!
On to the ground rules (Andy and Beth, does this sound familiar?):

*Absolutely NO visitors for at least 3 weeks.
*I know that most of our friends have young children, but unfortunately the main thing the doctor said was ABSOLUTELY no young children for several months, except, of course, Lacey, since we can't really kick her out! lol (We have pulled her out of daycare so she doesn't bring home any germs from there.)
*We will not be leaving the house with Lawson for a while. We haven't decided for how long yet. We will probably not be going to church, birthday parties, or other large gatherings as a family for quite some time.
*When we begin to accept visitors, we will expect everyone to wash your hands, whether or not you touch him.
*If you or anyone in your family have shown any symptoms of illness, please DO NOT visit until all symptoms are gone.
*Please call before visiting, so we can let you know if it is a good time.

Please understand we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. We just have to protect Lawson's health at all costs.

So as I said, I'll fill in all the blanks later. For now, here are some pictures.


Goodbye Intensive Care Nursery!



20 comments:

  1. Mitzi.....one word...HALLELUYAH!!!!!LOVE, DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do what you have to do for y'all. It's perfectly ok with the rest of the world. Soon enough Lawson will be out and about, as will you! What a wonderful fairytale ending to a difficult time. I second that "HALLELUIA!"

    Kate Eatmon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! All those years of cheerleading at HHS have paid off....what a perfect occasion for a cartwheel! Praying for this transition to be a smooth one as you re-adjust to life outside the hospital and learn to be a family of 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippeeeee!!!! We are thrilled that Lawson is home and completely understand the needed rules. I love the cartwheel...only you could pull that off in a hospital, I LOVE IT!!!! We love you guys and we're sooo excited for Lawson's homecoming!!! Congrats Levering Family!!!!
    Love,
    Kelly & Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord!! We are all so happy that you and your little blessing are at home. Just knowing that you are a family is enough for all of us! A visit is unnecessary right now. You just need to be a family for a while and keep your wonderful boy healthy. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. Welcome home Lawson!
    Tricia Foushee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! That is the best news I have heard in a long time! You guys enjoy your little man and be blessed! Love Ya, Keep us informed! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. To many more happy days and cartwheels!! We are so emotionally excited for you, Brian and Lacey.

    High Fives!!!!
    David, Nicole and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEA!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! I just felt like it was going to be this weekend. I bet I have checked this blog 50 times to see if you guys were home. And if he is anything like his buddy Katie, he will continue to get stronger and better every day at home. They are awesome in the ICN/TCN but nobody does it like DR. MOMMY & DR. DADDY!!!
    Congratulations,
    Andy, Beth, Michael & Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the cartwheel! Yay for Awesome Lawson and the Awesome Leverings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is SOOO Good! I am so happy for you all....this definately brought tears to my eyes and a big stream down my face! I too have checked your blog several times a day for the past few weeks and am so excited for you!! I am also proud of the cartwheel - anyone who can do that after just giving birth a few weeks ago is amazing...LOL!! Your rules are totally understandable and I'm sure that before too long you will be trying to keep up with him...please know that we are praying for you daily and for your transition to be a smooth one! Let us know if you need anything (errands, etc.)...I'm not very busy in the summer with work...we have no students so I have a very flexible schedule...
    Kim Langston:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MITZI....CHRIS ANNOUNCED THE GOOD NEWS AT CHURCH TODAY....I ALMOST CRIED, I WAS SO HAPPY...I HAD NOT OPENED UP MY COMPUTER IN TWO DAYS....JUST DO WHAT THE DR. TELLS YOU TO DO...YOUR FRIENDS WILL UNDERSTAND....IF THEY DO NOT....THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS...KEEP HIM SAFE.....LOVE, THE KISER'S FROM GOOD OLE HONAKER....TELL YOUR MOM HI FOR ME....

    ReplyDelete
  12. God IS Good! God IS Loving! Bless the entire Levering Family! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. What WONDERFUL news!!! What a trooper little Lawson is...and how wonderful it must be for your WHOLE family to be together. Prayers for a smooth transition home. We'll keep posted on your progress here!!
    Love, The Collins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Levering family! Shaun and I are so happy for you! Enjoy your time at home, and please call if you need ANYTHING. We can't wait to meet the little man!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally, totally awesome!!! I love the cartwheel shot! We will be sure to follow all the rules just keep us all posted with the blog, this miracle boy has a huge following and has our hearts. Lacey and Lawson picture long overdue and absolutely precious, I'm sure hard to hold back the happy tears!!! Super duper happy for the Levering crew!!
    Way to go little buddy-go Lawson GOOO!! :)!
    Lots of love
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so thrilled for the Leverings! God continues to be awesome! Congratulations to you all!
    Love, Linda DuRant

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! We are so happy you are able to be a family and are able to hold and cuddle with your sweet little boy anytime you want! Enjoy it! Diana Frost

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an answer to prayer! I am so glad Lawson is now home. You have such a beautiful family and now you are all together. Please let me know if I can run any errands for you. Enjoy the cuddles! Linda Crews

    ReplyDelete
  19. Let's get together again soon! Heather and Shaun

    ReplyDelete