Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What a Day!

I finally felt ready to visit with my Kindergarteners and coworkers today. When things were so uncertain with Lawson, I just knew I couldn't put on my teacher face. Today I had some paperwork to deliver to school. I could have mailed it, but now that Lawson is doing so great and my kiddos are tracking out tomorrow, it seemed like the right time. Besides, when Lawson comes home (which I hope is before they track back in -wishful, I know) I don't plan to leave the house with him for quite some time!! :)

It was great to see my class; they were so sweet! I only got to spend about 10 minutes with them, but they were great! It's easy to see that my sub, Mrs. Thomas, has done amazing things with them. She really jumped in and took the reins when I basically left her with nothing. I thought I had 6 more weeks to solidify my maternity sub plans! So thanks to Mrs. Thomas and my amazing Teaching Partner, Mrs. Fernandez, my kids are great! It was also teriffic to see my Brassfield family. They have been so wonderful and supportive to us through this whole ordeal. I know I haven't said 'Thank You' enough to them!

After my Brassfield visit, I met Brian at the hospital for our 'lick and learn' session with Lawson and lactation. He was an absolute CHAMP today! He was interested and engaged for 25 minutes! He latched right on and stayed happy almost the whole time! He even stopped suckling a few times to smile at me! Ahhhhhh! :) The lactation nurse said that it was huge that we've only done this a few times and he's doing so well. She said that the average preemie takes 8 - 10 sessions to even latch on! I reminded her that Lawson isn't the average baby; he's been beating the odds for 8 weeks! :)

8 comments:

  1. This little guy is amazing. We can't wait to meet him.
    nynke

    ReplyDelete
  2. That once again is awesome news! Lawson is determined to get home soon! Love you all, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so exciting to hear how well he's progressing! Keep up the good work mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Lawson news continues to exhilarate his "fans". If I were a fan club member there would be no difference in my anticipation for new information concerning the "star". The swallowing-breathing learning isn't a simple task but by now we know the fighter pilot determination in that sweet little fellow. God Will allow it and Lawson will overcome! We all, also have witnessed the strength, confidence, peace and resilence demonstrated by Lawson's parents. 2 CONGRATULATIONS are in order: the previously addressed one and your visiting the house of the LORD worshipping with a body of believers! I tell you the TRUTH... GOD IS PLEASED!!! HE WILL "wash away" that choice word Lacey picked up on! We are born sinners so sin words can resonate easily with our spirit - confirmation of the truth in our born heritage. Just wait until that smart girl picks up the learning of the"good" word about Jesus! She will amaze you with that! She'll be witnessing to all she meets. She's that kind of a girl! Give her big hugs and kisses! :)
    Love,
    Jackie Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Lawson, go!!!!!!!!!!! (We've known all along Lawson isn't "average"...afterall look at his family.) :)

    Hugs and love,
    Scott and Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Do believe Awesome Lawson will be home before Track 2 kiddos return! For sure!!! That little guy is really something else! We believe in u buddy...go Lawson Goo!!
    Your Brassfield family loved seeing u too!! And I So second it, Jenny and Melina truly rock!! Your kids were Soo excited to see u, they came running up to me me in the cafeteria..."We saw Mrs. Levering, we saw Mrs. Levering!!!'" in true kindergarten spirit-got to love them!! :) Thanks for sharing a little bit of time with us with your hectic schedule in getting Lawson home and better-it meant a lot!! Big hugs to the Levering crew-keep that happy news coming!
    love ya
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mitzi! My name is Tiffany Pollard. My husband, Jeremy, visited with your husband the other night at the hospital. That's how I got your blog address. We go to the Summit. I just wanted to touch base and tell you that we are praying for you and your family. Yay for the improvements with Lawson! Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you. My e-mail is prov3130@triad.rr.com, and my blog address is tiffanylovesherboys.blogspot.com. Have a great day, and please know that we're here if you need us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such happiness to read the blog today! I am so glad to hear that Lawson is doing so well. We are keeping our prayers coming. We just spent 10 days in Europe and every church we visited, which was easily more than one a day, I lit a candle and said a prayer for Lawson. So glad my little bit is helping add to the BIG POOL of support that you have! Please let your friends at JLR know if we can do anything to help you out!
    Hillary

    ReplyDelete